Shane is a hybrid creative executive who helps brands and publishers turn business strategy into messaging strategy, building programs and partnerships at the intersection of creative media, entertainment & physical interaction. Having spent a number of years in the film and television business surveying key paradigm shifts and watching the role of the of the brand partner evolve, he leverages a strong sense of future shifts and trends in the social fabric of consuming content. Shane has devised award winning content creative approaches for brands such as Samsung Mobile, Alexander Wang, and Cadillac.
1. What was your very first job?
Assistant at a talent agency
2. Please describe, in your own words, what your job is and what work it entails.
Finding cultural impact and resonance at the intersection of Creative Media, Entertainment & Physical Interaction.
3. How did you discover that the creative world was right for you? Was there a time in your life that you credit to this discovery? What was there train of events that brought you to where you are today?
I saw my view on the worlds of commerce, messaging, and entertainment evolving as I began to derive my own critical perceptions of storytelling and ideas of where society and media are headed. A writer's strike and a recession played a significant role.
4. In your constantly growing and expanding industry, how do you find inspiration to keep your work fresh, innovative and relevant?
Seek appreciation in everything you create and collaborate on.
5. If you had to pick one piece of work or project that you are most proud of, more for the creative work and innovation it required, rather than its recognition or industry “success,” what would it be?
A piece of installation work last year which debuted in Marfa, Texas at the Marfa Film Festival.