1. What was your very first job?
I started in an independent management consultancy “P3 Group” as junior consultant and had my first project at the MEB (electro platform for our cars) platform team.
2. Please describe, in your own words, what your job is and what work it entails.
I am doing the global brand strategy for the brand Volkswagen. I check which potentials, which weaknesses and strengths Volkswagen has – regularly – and define measures and activities which answer those fields. It also needs a 360° view on our brand which should be an one global brand on all touchpoints. And I think that attitude and taking up position to important topics in our world becomes more and more important for brands. It is not only the products anymore – it is your moral and your opinion to world- and society-related topics.
3. How did you discover that the creative world was right for you? Was there a time in your life that you credit to this discovery? What was there train of events that brought you to where you are today?
Marketing strategy always leads to creative work. I am not the creative expert but I really enjoy working with many different creative people all over the world.
And I also observe the fashion industry and their campaigns and brand strategy as fashion is a big private hobby/interest of myself.
4. In your constantly growing and expanding industry, how do you find inspiration to keep your work fresh, innovative and relevant?
The automotive industry is in a huge transformation towards electro cars and decarbonization right now. Therefore, there is no need for a search of inspiration to be honest. It is the most exciting time since decades in the Automotive world. The change is necessary and super exciting. We are on the way to carbon neutral mobility for all.
5. If you had to pick one piece of work or project that you are most proud of, more for the creative work and innovation it required, rather than its recognition or industry “success,” what would it be?
Defining the global brand focus for the brand Volkswagen for the next years.