1. What was your very first job?
A summer job when I was a student. But years later, when I arrived in New York City I had the incredible chance to train at Visionaire. They opened a new world to me and expanded my vision. For that, I am forever grateful.
2. Please describe, in your own words, what your job is and what work it entails.
I love to create authentic designs through visual connections, maintaining both freedom and intuition in my creative process. I believe everything is interconnected, so I try to convey this message through all my creative approaches and design concepts for my clients. Building a bridge between images, artist references, quotes, research, anything that nourishes this philosophy.
3. How did you discover that the creative world was right for you? Was there a time in your life that you credit to this discovery? Was there a train of events that brought you where you are today?
When I was a child, I used to cut images from magazines we had at home, and I would make collages.
4. In your constantly growing and expanding industry, how do you find inspiration to keep your work fresh, innovative, and relevant?
Traveling into powerful and wild environments such as the desert and to the ocean. The void nourishes my imagination. I have a fascination for what is bigger than us. Reading any kind of book, and contemplating different perspectives.
5. If you had to pick one piece of work or project that you are most proud of, more for the creative work and innovation rather than its recognition or industry "success," what would it be?
A quote I wrote in a personal publication, influenced by a series of events in my life. I believe in synchronicity. ‘Life is about resonance. Every person you meet or event you endure has an echo of something you have lived or a trace of someone you have already met.’ -Laurie Hernandez, EachOther
6. Which creative disciplines do you commission most, and are most interested in seeing more of and why? Which of these disciplines are you most interested in seeing at CONNECTIONS? (ie photo, film, production, social, experiential, vr, cgi, animation etc)
Photography definitely :)