Jean-Pierre Busson is an art and creative director based in Paris. Gratuated from the National Superior School of Applied Art and Fine Arts, he worked for several international agencies such as GGK, Publicis Conseil, McCann Erickson, FCB, Swissair, Renault, General Motors and Rover. In 2005, he joinded Fauchon as creative director, and oversaw the advertising campaigns for Boucheron, Poiray, Paris, Charles de Gaulle Airport and Icicle, a Shanghai and Paris based ready-to-wear brand. Jean-Pierre was alaso the creative director of the designing of the film posters for Jean-Jacques Annaud (The Lover), Patrice Chéreau (Queen Margot) and Robert Altman (Ready to Wear).
1. What was your very first job ?
My first job was working as an illustrator for a jewellery newspaper called Carat.
2. Please describe, in your own words, what your job is and what work it entails.
My job is primarily to link a visual universe with a brand, to look for a match between fantasy and reality.
3. How did you discover that the creative world was right for you ? Was there a time in your life that you credit to this discovery ? What was the train of events that brought you to where you are today ?
I come from a family of painters and antique collectors. The history of art first introduced me to Symbolist painting of the late nineteenth century, then Chirico and surrealism of Delvaux, Ernst and Man Ray.
4. In your constantly growing and expanding industry, how do you find inspiration to keep your work fresh, innovative and relevant ?
Inspiration is everywhere, cinema, museum of primitive art, street art, and old comics, YouTube, the Louvre, a fashion editorial... the parietal art, science fiction, everything falls under your eyes if they are open.
5. If you had to pick one piece of work or project that you are most proud of, more for the creative work and innovation it required, rather than its recognition or industry success, what would it be ?
I am very proud of the corporate image we have made at Fauchon, a few movie posters I've desiged too...