Christoph has studied in Germany and the United States and worked for several Independent Creative Agencies like Grabarz & Partner, KNSK, Aimaq Rapp Stolle on National and International Brands. He was part of the VW Powerhouse in Berlin of the international Volkswagen Headquarter as Creative Lead and is now part of the AKQA Group, Grey Germany Team in Hamburg as the Executive Creative Director Art.
1. What was your very first job?
Nailing plastic crocuses on the floor of a warehouse display.
2. Please describe, in your own words, what your job is and what work it entails.
Leading a motivated and cheerful team creating exciting ideas and visual excellence.
3. How did you discover that the creative world was right for you? Was there a time in your life that you credit to this discovery? Was there a train of events that brought you where you are today?
There was absolutely no way getting around it.
4. In your constantly growing and expanding industry, how do you find inspiration to keep your work fresh, innovative and relevant?
Thinking of times before Covid19.
5. If you had to pick one piece of work or project that you are most proud of, more for the creative work and innovation rather than its recognition or industry "success," what would it be?
One of the first films in cooperation with the amazing director Alex Feil called “Park Assist” and the stunt project for Volkswagen Electric Vehicles “Enjoy the silence”.
6. Which creative disciplines do you commission most, and are most interested in seeing more of and why? Which of these disciplines are you most interested in seeing at CONNECTIONS? (ie photo, film, production, social, experiential, vr, cgi, animation etc)
Excellent craft skills in film.